Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm a bit on a roll today so I am going to do two posts, even though it's now 3.25am Singapore time.

I have certain brands that I put in my to-go list when scouring the pages of style.com for fashion updates. Lanvin, Balenciaga, 3.1 Philip Lim, Proenza Schouler and Hermes (must be the advancement in age...never thought I'd say this) are staples on my Luxe lust list. Thakoon? Not quite. It sits up there with Derek Lam and Alexander Wang---fashionable, yes, but if I only had 5 minutes of surfing time, I would give it a miss.

So my fascination with these dresses from Thakoon Addition---a new (non-diffusion! insists the designer) line---caught me by surprise. I first saw them on coutorture.com and it was the love. They're pretty, with enough drapes and bunching (I'm fond of these additions, especially when placed at an aesthetically pleasing spot) to keep it interesting. lagarconne.com (one of my favourite e-boutiques) carries a selection. These are the ones I like.

This is my favourite piece.




The prints, teh shape of the dress, the bunching and bits of draping...there's nothing I really dislike about it. Well, maybe the elastic smocking at the neck, but that's a small quibble. I don't think he added pockets though, but if he did, it would have been perfect!

Other pieces



The unique cut of this dress prevents the gym-issue grey from being dull. Instead, it would look very pretty with a cross-body bag. Something like this



Banana Republic and Hermes respectively.

Two quietly elegant (a key motif for me) tops




and a simple but beautiful white dress. In this case, just add a Hermes Birkin and grecian sandals for the luxe-boho look.



It looks better on the model



As you can see, it has a very 1920s vintage glamour. Reminds me somewhat of what Mira Sorvino wore in The Great Gatsby in the scene whereby her cousin Nick is first introduced to her.

Photographs from: lagarconne.com, instyle.co.uk and fashionphile.com

No comments: