Monday, June 25, 2007

Rope detail

I've always been a fan of the nautical look. When I was 5, I was very into navy and white, and sailor-style tops or dresses. I still rock the nautical look, and the little things that come together with it---stripes, blue and white (combined with a touch of gold if possible), anchor motifs and now...rope detail.

Like this one from Moschino Cheap & Chic.



They have it in blue as well, a picture of which I have posted somewhere else on this site, so now i'm posting the red version.



And this is something I would so totally wear (if i have not done so already).

Then there's also this very cool one from Sonia Rykiel.



Very French Riveria. Again, I totally dig the outfit.

Finally there's this one by Topshop, which always allows people to sample trends at lower price points.



I know it sounds boring, but I'd pair this with shorts and some snazzy footwear (it's too classic a look to just throw aside!) Or with jeans and a nice jacket when the weather cools down.

I'm currently liking these:



(From Borne)


(From Alexander Wang)

And these jeans:

From Topshop. The zipper and the dark wash is just so cool. Nice contrast to the preppy-ness of the nautical-style top.
From Primark and Ernest Sewn respectively. Ernest Sewn is seriously one of the best denim labels out there. Scott Morrison is quite the denim genius. Ditto Jerome Dahan.

No comments: