Monday, April 16, 2007

The Year of the Dress part 4: The chiffon dress

Chiffon dresses were one of my favourite in the Spring 2007 catwalk roundups. I particularly like the 3.1 Philip Lim ones---one more reason why this is my favourite label :) I love the way that chiffon dresses teas: they tend to come in conservative shapes, and while they "cover up", they're also see through. Here's to chiffon.




These 2 are from 3.1 Philip Lim.



I didn't take down where I got these pictures from. I don't think these are from the Spring 2007 season. Maybe last year's Autumn Winter. Were they Oscar de la Renta? These are the counterparts of 3.1 Philip Lim's white chiffon pieces.


This is from Chloe and i like it very much. It has this retro bookish-sexy vibe. Pair with stacked T-bars or Mary Janes worn with socks, and go and pose at a bookshelf in the library.
From Aerosoles and Two Lips respectively. Super nerdy but that's the whole point. For those who think the brown shoes are taking the nerd-chic thingy a little too far, there are these black options:
From Franco Sarto and Nina.

For a t-bar option there this pair from Frye, a label well known for producing good sturdy shoes, particularly boots.
And if you're still in a spending mood after the Chloe dress, you could pair the dress with the creme de la creme of shoes:
Christian Louboutin.

And of course, there are the high street options.



This is from French Connection. I tried it on, very flattering. The colour is darker in real-life than in the picture.




This is similar to the French Connection piece and it's from Topshop. While it isn't in chiffon, i couldn't resist adding it to this post. I just love the shape.

This is from Mango.



From Mango. A nice way to pair chiffon, with something thicker, and the wide belt anchors down an otherwise floaty piece.


From Adam+Eve . One of my favourite labels as well for its cool preppy look. Can also be paired with ballet flats and worn with a cute jacket like this Moschino Cheap and Chic (not cheap but very chic).



Kate and Kass. I like the mod shape.


No comments: